CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 19, 2008

Toothpaste Segway

I love the word Segway. I could've used it later in a better context, but I'm in one of those moods to force something. It's a guy thing. And if I force something physical, it usually breaks. Sarah should be glad I didn't know that word before she was born. She may very well have been named Segway Kipper instead of Sarah Kristen.

Well...I unintentionally opened a can of worms on my last post. Jos left a comment directed to Jessica on my previous blog, but I thought I'd slip my 2 cents worth in on his questions. And since this would be a rather long comment, I decided to blog it instead.

The answers are based on how I'm living it. I'm going to use the letters CWB to stand for Common Wholistic Belief which means there may or may not be any studies to back up the belief, but it appears to be a fact or at least a solid theory. And if you see HHTDWIY, it stands for Haven't Had To Deal With It Yet. None of my comments should be considered exhaustive on their subject.

The questions were:
What about diabetes?
What about surgery?
What about asthma?
What about broken bones?
What about stroke?
What about artificial hearts?
What about bone marrow transplants?
What about vaccinations?
What about rabies?

Diabetes: CWB is that the onset version of it is caused by high fructose corn syrup found in many processed foods and sodas. Don't consume those foods and you don't get diabetes. Cure the diabetes by stopping consumption of those foods. Doctors may be the answer for congenital diabetes. HHTDWIY

Surgery: There may be some cases where I'd opt for surgery. Some that I wouldn't are: Transplant, cancer, and exploratory. HHTDWIY

Ashtma: CWB they're caused by dust mites and/or other parasites. Cure with a parasite cleanse and boosting the immune system. HHTDWIY

Broken Bones:
Set them yourself. Apply and drink Bone, Flesh & Cartilage (BF&C). HHTDWIY

Stroke: CWB that lots of hot cayenne pepper will stop a stroke in its tracks and will help drain the blood from the site. I've heard it reported that the stroke victim recovers very well regaining use of his faculties. HHTDWIY

Artificial Hearts: Not many of those around. Heart problems abound though. Hawthorn Berries are very good. And don't think they just sorta help. They help a lot! Check out Dr. Richard Shulze's personal testimony. He had a really bad heart before he got into alternative health. It was one of his tapes I was listening to when I had the epiphany. Warning: he has been known to use some foul language every once in a while. HHTDWIY

Bone Marrow Transplants: I'm assuming this is for Leukemia; a form of cancer. Check out the site mentioned above. He deals with cancer quite a bit. I'd much rather be cured of something rather than have someone elses body parts. HHTDWIY

Vaccinations: Now there's another can of worms. We don't do those on religious grounds, but even if that constraint wasn't there, we wouldn't do them. Thymerasol is used as a preservative in them and contains mercury. It's CWB that vaccinations cause Autism and ADD. There's also plenty of evidence that they don't do any good. The only "medicine" they don't do double blind studies on. Hmmmm, wonder why that is? My older daughter got them when she was a baby and though we haven't had her diagnosed, she swears she's ADD. None of my other kids make the claim nor exhibit that behavior.

Rabies: Skullcap herb has been reported as a cure for it. It is a virus, so you could also add to that immune boosting herbs. HHTDWIY

Closing notes: Good alternative medicine is preventative, consequently there are a lot of HHTDWIYs up there. We're a family of 6. The last time we went to a medical doctor (he was a mohel) was to get our youngest boy circumcised 11 years ago. Another can of worms? None of us have had a prescription for anything nor do we take herbal remedies constantly. None of my kids have had ear infections. We do get the flu and colds occasionally and we sometimes have symptoms that tempt us to panic. But we let that be an impetus for us to pray to the Divine Healer and press more into the One who loves us and to get even more educated.

Allopathic Medicine, its full name, means the "diagnosis and treatment of symptoms." Long ago I was diagnosed with psoriasis. I asked the dermatologist what causes that. She said nobody knows, but that the drug ________ would suppress the symptoms. Well...I didn't want the symptoms to be suppressed, I wanted them gone. That marked the beginning of my trek.

There are some things for which I'm not sure what I'd do; car accident where body parts are strewn at the scene. I guess you can take me to the hospital for that. They're pretty good at keeping you alive when you should be dead. Organ transplant? It's time for me to meet my Maker.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Thank you for answering all those questions, Mr. Hargett! I am not as informed as you and wasn't quite sure what to say.

I have an idea for your next blog post, though. :) People often like to tell me, "Well, there is trusting God, and then there is just being stupid." I know this nice little principle applies to some things like...skydiving without a parachute and trusting that God will let you float to the ground safely. But does this apply to medical/health issues? In my opinion, if I am sick then I trust God that my body (and perhaps other natural cures) will heal itself. But if I get a brain-eating disease, is it stupid to lay around and wait for my body to fight it and accept that if my body is not up to the task then I am meant to die, or do I place myself in the "safe and capable" hands of doctors? You said: "We do get the flu and colds occasionally and we sometimes have symptoms that tempt us to panic. But we let that be an impetus for us to pray to the Divine Healer and press more into the One who loves us and to get even more educated." and, "Organ transplant? It's time for me to meet my Maker." I think both of those are good points, but I wondered if you had more to say on those matters.... :D

Christopher said...

It was difficult to stop typing on nearly everything! Thanks for the encouragement to continue. :)

You've got a good question though about just "being stupid." That's where pressing into Him and praying comes in. He gives us wisdom when we ask. That's one of His promises. We just have to make sure we're open to what He says and not so set in our ways that we refuse it.

Check out Dr. Shulze's video on "safe and capable" hands of doctors. I'm not saying I would never use one, but when I see one it will be with both eyes open and a realization that doctors don't automatically know best. They are excellent at diagnosing and keeping you alive when you should be dead. But they also kill and maim a lot of people trying to do good.

Remind me the next time you see me and I'll tell you a story that isn't bloggable. Privacy reasons, dontchaknow.

Christopher said...

You know ... most of the time we get the flu and colds from our laziness in treatment and eating wrong. We've made a concerted conscious effort not to get sick with those maladies for a year once and it worked great.

Jessica said...

Okay, I will remind you. Just remind me to remind you.... :)

That is very true. I should make an effort to keep my body clean and pure anyways, because "my body is a temple of the holy spirit." If I was a holy spirit, I would not want to be living in a dumpster. True, it is my heart and mind that I need to keep clean mostly, but I do not need to be eating junk all the time either. Did you know that Scott T has never once been sick, except for food poisoning a couple times from restaurants? He is VERY careful with what he eats, and obviously it has paid off.

Allie said...

Well, I do have one comment on what you said. Drug companies and multiple tests have been done to prove that no vaccines have caused autism. I, personally, disagree with that. My cousin is autistic. I have no doubt that he got it from the DPT vaccine. That is actually the only vaccine that has been questioned for causing autism. I have had all my vaccines except for the gardasil (which I am not getting), but I can see why people wouldn't get them.

Jessica said...

I just have to wonder why we have them. Are our God-given immune systems not good enough? Plus, I have heard several stories, some from people I know, of times where people got the chicken pox vaccine, only to get the chicken pox not much longer. I have never had the complete vaccine and still haven't had the chicken pox. I'm not looking forward to getting it, but I would rather go ahead and get it over with than try to avoid it. And flu shots? What is the point? I've never gotten the flu shot in my life, and I have only had the flu two or three times, and only once was it a really bad case, but it wasn't so bad that we actually went to the doctor for it.